Thanks again to everybirdie who entered the BirbObserver Halloween Costume Contest!! All entries were excellent! Our Winners were: #1) Frankie (franksandbeans.macaws – IG), #2 Bob (@bob OWA – TW), and #3, Lucky (@LuckytheTalking Bird – TW).
We wanted to get to know a little more about all our winners and share with our readers, beginning with our Grand Prize Winner, Frankie (Frankie And Bean The Macaws (Instagram). We conducted a short interview via Instagram DM with Frankie, here’s what we learned:
- Where do you live? Tampa, Florida
- How old are you? Frankie is 8 months old
- What is your most favourite food? Papaya
- Is there a food you love to play with? Pecans
- What types of toys do you have in your house/cage? I like hard plastic toys from the dollar store
- Are you a whistler, a talker or are you the observant, silent type? I’m a talker. I’m just learning to say ‘Hello’.
- Do you have a favourite toy? My Elmo toy
- Tell us something silly about yourself (i.e., is there something that you do that makes your mom laugh and call you silly?) I am very pigeon-toed which makes my mom laugh when I walk
- Do you have other flock members? If so, tell us a bit about them. Yes, my macaw brother named Bean
- What is the naughtiest birdie thing you’ve ever done? I climbed my mom’s fake tree and pulled the leaves out of it
- Does your mom/dad do something that makes you want to fly away or attack (like a new hat, wet hair, etc.)? I hate hats!
- What other critters (dogs, cats) do you live with? Just Bean the macaw
- Do you have other social media accounts that you’d like other birdies and their humans to follow? @quarkybirdy
Here’s our very handsome Grand Prize Winner Frankie in his Halloween best!
And here’s Frankie (and Bean) out of costume!
Congratulations again Frankie!